New Security Measures for Screening Liquids, Gels, Aerosols on Hand Carried Baggage at the Macau International Airport
Recommended Measures by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Council
Effective 01st March 2007, a new aviation security measure for hand carried baggage will be implemented for departing and transfer passengers at the Macau International Airport.
In addition to existing security measures, the following will be strictly implemented:
- All liquids, gels or aerosols shall be required to be carried in containers with a capacity not greater than 100ml. Liquids, gels or aerosols carried in containers larger than 100ml shall not be accepted, even if the container is part-filled.
- Containers shall be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag of a maximum capacity not exceeding 1 liter. The containers must fit comfortably within the transparent plastic bag which shall be completely closed.
- The plastic bag shall be presented for visual examination at the security checkpoint. Only one transparent bag per passenger shall be permitted.
- Exemptions shall be made for valid prescribed medications, baby milk/ foods and special dietary requirements needed during the flight. Such items shall be declared and made available for check at the security checkpoint.
- Traveler may take duty-free items purchased at duty-free shops beyond the security checkpoint or on board the aircraft on the day(s) of the journey. These items must be packed in a sealed tamper-proof plastic bag and display satisfactory proof of purchase.
To facilitate screening and avoid inconvenience and consequential delays, we recommend all passengers to:
- pack liquids, gels and aerosols into check-in baggage.
- only carry items necessary for use during the flight.
- Present re-sealable plastic bags containing liquids, gels or aerosols apart from other cabin baggage, coats, jackets, laptops, etc.
Please visit the website http://www.aacm.gov.mo. for further information.
Steps to Facilitate Security Screening