1. Air Macau welcomed the arrival of a brand-new Airbus 321 aircraft (MSN5459) named “Synergy”, the baptize ceremony was taken place at Hangar, Macau International Airport, at 16:00 on 7th February 2013.
2. “Synergy” aircraft departed from Airbus manufacturing base in Hamburg, Germany, flew over Abu Dhabi, Bangkok and landed at Macau International Airport at 12:00 noon on 7th February 2013.
3. The ceremony was baptized by Dom José Lai Hung Seng and the Masters from Kun Iam Tong respectively.
4. Air Macau has a great honor of having Ms. Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, Director of MGTO to be the godmother of the new aircraft.
5. Mr. Chen Wen Hong, President of AACM presented the AOC (Air Operator Certificate) of “Synergy” to Mr. Zhu Song Yan, CEO of Air Macau.
6. Mr. Chan Weng Hong, President of AACM, Ms. Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, Director of MGTO, Mr. Wang Xin Dong, Director of Economic Department, Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in Macau SAR, Mr. Liu Jian Bo, Director of Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macau SAR, Mr. Leong Sio Pui, Executive Director of CAM, Mr. Zheng Yan, Chairman, Board of Directors of Air Macau, Mr. Zhu Songyan, CEO of Air Macau and Mr. Fung Sio Weng, Executive Director of Air Macau together with over 20 local travel service representatives attending this ceremony.
7. After the ceremony, all the guests were invited to visit the new aircraft.
8. The interior cabin of “Synergy” aircraft was well equipped, in terms of the latest design of aircraft seats, audio and video equipments, etc. Compared with Air Macau existing flight fleet of Airbus A321, the layout of cabin with 24 seats in business class while 155 seats in economy class respectively.
9. Mr. Zheng Yan, Chairman, Board of Directors of Air Macau said, “In 2013, Air Macau is going to introduce two brand-new aircrafts of Airbus A321. Company invited all staffs to nominate the new aircrafts and the response was enthusiastic which nearly 100 employees proposed over hundred names. The name of new aircraft – Synergy was selected finally because it was a symbol of Macau which owned hundreds of Eastern and Western cultures in a complete harmony. At the same time, it’s symbol that after the handover, Macau has been one of the big family members of the motherland.”
10. The maiden voyage of “Synergy” aircraft would be operated in the flight no. NX008 from Macau to Beijing on 9 February 2013.
Issued by Air Macau on 7th February 2013
For further inquiries, please contact Ms. Joy Gong, GM – PRADM, Air Macau at (853) 6662 6776.